29 Days—Semi-savoy with strong DMR for all seasons. Medium-dark green leaves. This spinach can be grown intensively for baby leaf production all season long due to fast regrowth. This hybrid is highly resistant to downy mildew and grows to maturity in twenty nine days. Kolibri spinach makes a terrific “cut and come again” baby spinach variety mildew.
Packet: 75 seeds.
It germinated in warm fall soils and tolerated hot fall weather. This vigorous growing hybrid spinach with downy mildew resistance is a must for spinach lovers looking to grow a bountiful harvest even in Zones 9 and 10.
For baby leaf: sow 3–5 seeds/inch in rows at least 2" apart. For bunching and full size: sow 10 seeds/ft., 1/2" deep in rows 12–18" apart. For a continuous supply, sow every 7–10 days.
Although spinach germinates best in cool soil this one will germinate in warm fall soils and can somewhat handle hot autumn weather. Summer sowing in soil over 85°F (30°C) risks low or erratic germination. Spinach can also be planted from late summer through the winter in protected structures for fall, winter, and spring harvest, though growth rates are much slower. Spinach benefits from frequent watering and the use of row cover during warm fall temperatures. Harvest regularly for cut-and-come-again success.
Follow Us on Instagram, TikTok and Youtube
Terms of Service
Note: IMPORTANT: I am not responsible for buyer germination success, seeds have been tested.
1. Any and all claims made through USPS must be made by the buyer, our company will assist you with any claim as much as we are able. The final responsibility relies with the buyer.
2. We are not responsible for any error on the carriers fault- crushed package, lost package, delayed package or any other case that might arise. Once the package leaves our facility the liability is on the buyer.
3. Any problem you have with the package needs to be reported to me within 24 hours of the delivered time stamp from USPS.
4. When purchasing from us you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and you understand the inherent risk of having living plants shipped to you in the mail. Leaves do get damaged, some roots will have die off, this is all normal when shipping plants. Our company will be here to assist you in any if you need help acclimating your new plant.
5. Plant might be a little smaller/bigger, more or less full, longer or shorter but we do our best to make it similar to the listing photos.
6. These terms are final as soon as the package has been shipped through USPS and the tracking number has been created and scanned into the system.
7. You are agreeing to these terms if you make a purchase through my shop.