New! Distinctive purple carrot.
Well-known for its beautiful magenta-purple skin and broad, Chantenay-type shoulders. Slicing reveals contrasting orange internal color and yellow core. Very thin, smooth skin makes Dragon easier to wash, and serve unpeeled, than other purples. Roots hold well in the field. Tops are strong and vigorous in early growth to compete with weeds. Internal color will vary. Avg. 5–7" long.
Normal Packet: 100+ seeds
Test Packet: 30 Seeds
In Zone 8 and warmer, plant carrots in fall or winter. If below Zone 7 a container should be consider for freezes and frosts. Typically seeds are planted in September or October for a winter harvest. Most southern states are only able to grow carrots during this time period as their summers are too hot for this crop.
Due to their small size, it is extremely important not to plant carrot seeds too deep. For most varieties the recommended planting depth is 1/8. Wet soil below first and then place seed and tamp down with hand and sprinkle light with soil. To prevent greening, cover exposed crowns.
75 days-Carrots are best planted in the spring and fall. They do not grow well during hot weather. For a fall crop, plant 10 – 12 weeks before the first frost. Raised beds work well for carrots. Full sun requires direct light at least 6 hours/day; prefers 8 - 10 hours/day.
Follow Us on Instagram, TikTok and Youtube
Terms of Service
Note: IMPORTANT: I am not responsible for buyer germination success, seeds have been tested.
1. Any and all claims made through USPS must be made by the buyer, our company will assist you with any claim as much as we are able. The final responsibility relies with the buyer.
2. We are not responsible for any error on the carriers fault- crushed package, lost package, delayed package or any other case that might arise. Once the package leaves our facility the liability is on the buyer.
3. Any problem you have with the package needs to be reported to me within 24 hours of the delivered time stamp from USPS.
4. When purchasing from us you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and you understand the inherent risk of having living plants shipped to you in the mail. Leaves do get damaged, some roots will have die off, this is all normal when shipping plants. Our company will be here to assist you in any if you need help acclimating your new plant.
5. Plant might be a little smaller/bigger, more or less full, longer or shorter but we do our best to make it similar to the listing photos.
6. These terms are final as soon as the package has been shipped through USPS and the tracking number has been created and scanned into the system.
7. You are agreeing to these terms if you make a purchase through my shop.